Shaheen Bros., Inc. is a family run business that has served customers in the Merrimack Valley for 70 years. The company originated in Lawrence in the 1920’s when Peter Shaheen purchased a horse and cart and began selling fresh produce in local neighborhoods.
Today, the corporate offices are located in Amesbury, and the company is known as a top food service distributor that offers customers exceptional value and service. Gone is the horse and cart in favor of modern business practices, but the legacy continues with the third generation of the Shaheen family as owners and managers.
We support restaurants, health care facilities, hotels and others in the food service industry along the coast from southern Maine to Boston, west to Worcester and north to the lakes region of New Hampshire.
With dedication to customer service and by treating employees like “one of the family”, Shaheen Bros., Inc. has grown and prospered over the years and continues to be a successful family business in the foodservice distribution industry.
- Established as a distributor of produce, the product line was expanded in the late 1940’s to include frozen foods.
- Canned goods were added to the product line in the 1950’s.
- In 1963, the need for additional space prompted a move to a larger location on Haverhill Street in Lawrence. As the business continued to grow, additions were made to that Lawrence facility.
- In the early 1970’s Shaheen Bros., Inc. joined CODE, which is now known as UNIPRO. This is a group of independent foodservice distributors who, by combining their purchasing power, have remained competitive with larger national distributors, both in price and product offerings.
- In January, 1989, Shaheen Bros., Inc. moved to the current Amesbury location. The larger facility provided the opportunity for expansion and better highway access.